This homemade banana bread recipe is soft, fluffy, and moist! It has the classic flavors of banana bread. This quick bread recipe takes only a few minutes to whip up. Enjoy a slice for breakfast, brunch, an afternoon snack, or dessert!
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups overripe mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add parchment paper to an 8-inch by 4-inch bread loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Then, add in mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the lined bread pan. Smooth into one even layer.
- Dot with extra chocolate chips before baking.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with only moist crumbs.
- Finally, remove the banana bread from the oven. Allow bread to fully cool before slicing and serving.
- Use overripe bananas with brown spots for the best flavor. These bananas have more natural sweetness than yellow bananas.
- If needed, use gluten-free 1 to 1 flour. Bob’s Red Mill and King Arthur Flour make great gluten-free flours.
- Do not bake too long. The bread will have slightly golden edges and a beautiful dome shape.
- Insert a toothpick into the bread. If it comes out with only a few moist crumbs, it is done baking.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Freeze bread for up to 1 month.
Keywords: banana bread, banana bread recipe, bread, baking, breakfast, brunch, chocolate chips