A delicious and refreshing cocktail made with a homemade apple spice simple syrup, ginger liqueur, apple cider and a cinnamon-C&H® sugar rim. Perfect for fall and holiday parties!
For the apple spice simple syrup:
- 1/4 cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 small apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
For the cinnamon-sugar rim:
- 2 tablespoons C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the cocktails:
- 2 to 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces ginger liqueur
- 1 cup apple cider
- Ice, crushed or cubed
- Thin-sliced apple and/or fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Make the apple spice simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine C&H® Golden Brown Sugar, 1/2 cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar, water, apple slices, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and fresh ginger. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, about 20-30 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is slightly syrupy. Remove from heat; set aside to cool completely, then strain into an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, in a small shallow bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon until well combined. Dip rims of two cocktail glasses in apple cider or water, then dip and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat.
- In a large cup or cocktail shaker, stir together two handfuls of ice along with vodka, ginger liqueur, 2 ounces of the cooled apple spice simple syrup and 1 cup apple cider. Strain mixture between prepared cocktail glasses; add ice as desired. Garnish with apple slices and rosemary sprigs, if desired.
- If you love ginger, add an extra teaspoon to the simple syrup for added spice.
- Save extra simple syrup for more cocktails! The syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Use a sweeter apple variety to flavor the simple syrup, such as Gala, Braeburn or Honeycrisp apples.
Keywords: apple cider cocktail, ginger liqueur, apple spice simple syrup, cinnamon sugar rim